Saturday, February 1, 2014

Monosyllabic Greetings

“Hey.”

It’s almost like I could hear him smile from the other end – and despite the monosyllabic greeting, I couldn't deny the hint of the rest of the unspoken ones that seemingly hung in the air: “I’ve missed you.”

Like a weight off my chest; a cup of coffee after a long day; crawling under the covers on a rainy afternoon; getting a fix after a craving. 

Relief. Happiness. Calming yet unsettling in the same instant. One second i'm calm and collected, but your voice renders me otherwise. Neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it - like that Green Day song goes. 

“It’s amazing what the sound of a voice you’ve been longing to hear can do to your heart.”

Like the temperature around you changes, albeit drastically.  




No comments:

Post a Comment