Friday, January 17, 2014

A (Slightly Out of Character) Fashion Post

I know I said from my previous entry I would not share with you the rest of my new year's resolutions, but this is pretty shallow (yes I just insulted my own resolution) and non-sentimental so why the hell not.

For those who know me well enough, I can already picture you nodding wildly in approval when I say this: I'm afraid of injecting color in my wardrobe; most of the time, I go for pieces that fall along the less eye-catching part of the color spectrum: aka the quintessential shades of nude (flesh tones), gray, black or white. But mostly, black and white pieces are my closet staples. Navy blue is my only exception to this anti-color phase I'm going through (but because it can also be deceptive enough to substitute for black, does it even count as an exception?). 



It was not until I tried on an aqua-colored top a month ago when it occurred to me that color wasn't my style's strongest suit. I checked my closet and was able to confirm this hypothesis. Even my foot apparel follows the same philosophy.

With that said, I guess i'll try to be more adventurous next time I go shopping and not go for the typical plains. Neutral sweaters and plain loose tops are my guilty pleasure. 

Just so you know, I'm not about to convert my blog to a fashionista diary because it's slightly out of character. Although I love clothes, I'm not one to religiously blab about my #ootd's online. I'm more of an emotional writer, and most of my works were inspired by either mostly musings, apocalyptic 3am heartaches, mind-blowing frustrations, or an abundance of enthusiasm.

So forgive me for this rare feeling-fashionista moment I am currently having. I must warn you there will be days like these when I would fool myself into believing that my wardrobe decisions are worth reading about.

No comments:

Post a Comment