Thursday, September 19, 2013

My First Beer Encounter



I know what you're thinking. 

1. I was probably a drunkard since I was a baby.
2. I looked like a dude.
3. That must have been a good burp.

Just to set the record straight, the bottle was empty. And no it's not because I chugged it. I was a beautiful child - that was probably just a bad angle (HAHA). And that was a good burp alright.

So kidding aside, i'll have you know this is one of my favorite pictures of me and my dad. He's not really the expressive type - but when he cares, he really does. He sends me all these articles about date rape drugs and scams he always warns me to be careful because you never really know what's sitting in the bottom of your drink. He's thoughtful like that. So when I told him that a friend of mine gave me a VIP table for the weekend to celebrate my birthday, he was quick to rifle questions and naturally his first instinct was to spit out a "no i don't trust him" but eventually I convinced him that he's not some monkey trying to scam me or whatever.

My parents are mostly traditional in all things, but to be honest, I'm really glad they are because the way they handle me keeps me grounded somehow. I appreciate what they do so that I don't end up throwing my life away over drunken and drugged up decisions. Bottomline is, they just really care. And I love them infinitely for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment