Thursday, September 12, 2013

Curing the Aftertaste of Watching Miley's Wrecking Ball: A Music Post

Here's the thing Miley : Wrecking Ball could have been a tolerable single if not for the music video wherein 99% of it was your tastebuds making love to the edge of a hammer, and you grinding up on a giant wrecking ball in your birthday suit. Seriously? It had me fooled at the beginning - with your porcelain skin and your clear blue eyes: a blaring reminder of how gorgeous you are. But all of that was kinda lost in translation the moment you hopped into that suspended wrecking ball. What a wreck indeed. 


So after watching that, I had to cure the aftertaste it left. Which wasn't so nice. I rummaged through my library for songs to remind me of what good music is supposed to be. 


So for tonight’s indie picks:


M83's Midnight City



Phoenix's Trying to Be Cool


The 1975 - Chocolate



The Neighbourhood's Sweater Weather





The XX's Night Time




Credits to my friend Migi Isidro who introduced me to the 1975 and Phoenix!  

No comments:

Post a Comment