Monday, September 9, 2013

Taking the High Road

Taking the high road is not easy – but it’s the only road I know how to take with you even if I find that it gets steeper everytime. When your pride would get the best of you – I waved the first white flag. Every damn time. I’ve held my tongue when I felt like saying things out of anger because I know at some point I will regret it – and in their place, I’ve wished you well instead, and secretly hoped the best for you even if I never said anything.

So to be honest, letting this pass, is taking a lot of restraint and maturity from my end. Besides, I’m tired of having to feel frustrated and angry about anything in general. It takes its toll and it only weighs you down. And I don’t need that as of the moment.

Quoting Sarah Kay’s brilliant poetry, “and yes, on a scale from one to over-trusting, I am pretty damn naïve”. The truth is, I don’t know what really happened but I’m so quick to believe you. I always have been. It’s either I’m occasionally the gullible type or I just make myself too available for you.


But then again, God knows what really happened. Let's just say, what goes around comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment